Welcome to Tameside Arts Ltd
New Community Arts Centre!
8-10 Market Street, Denton M34 2XW
The CREATE Centre, where we CONNECT
The Centre has –
- A drama, dance and music studio
- A café
- A book and arts supplies shop
- A sensory room
- An arts zone
- A learning zone
- A disabled toilet
- A adult / child changing room, with hoist
- Disabled parking
We host performances, conferences, workshops, pamper sessions, parties, themed nights, after-school clubs, weekend and evening events and much more. We cannot wait!
Community groups are welcome to use our facilities.
Our first event…..
An accessible, adaptable community arts organisation for everyone, based in the heart of Cheshire / Manchester – on great transport routes and with lots of side-street parking. Activities, groups and events offered by the Tameside Arts team and independent artists and facilitators. From Art to Zumba, and everything in between. For children, adults, older people, families and people with additional needs.
The centre boasts
- a drama/dance/music space with a PA system, lighting, sound, a cinema screen, instruments, costumes, props and a mirrored wall
- a sensory suite with interactive lighting and stimulating visual and textured resources
- an art zone, including 2D and 3D art and craft resources
- a learning zone with IT equipment and software, books, communication tools and interactive life skills resources
- a community café and arts supplies shop providing refreshments whilst offering adaptable training, volunteer and workplace opportunities
A vast scope of fun, interactive, specialized, entertaining activities are on offer. Drumming, poetry, drama, dance, music, film, art and craft to name a few.
UV raves, birthday parties, gigs, music lessons, afternoon tea’s, line-dancing, script-writing, weaving, graffiti, after-school clubs – the list is endless!
The centre is open for room hire to groups and individuals to facilitate activities. It is fully accessible, including a lift, disabled toilet and child/adult changing room.
Please visit our What’s On! guide to see what we’ve been doing and our planned activities.